Snapchat Filters: 5 tricks you need to know now
1. Use Three Snapchat Filters at the same time
Ever wondered how your friends are able to use two or three Snapchat filters at the same time? Follow these simple steps to use a color filter, location and time or temperature all at the same time.
- Take a Snap
- Swipe right or left until you land on the first filter you want. Keep one finger on that filter to secure it in place.
- Swipe left or right again to select your second filter
- Quickly release your finger and then press is back on the screen, now you can swipe for your third filter.
2. Revert to Old filters and Lenses
Do you miss some of the old face lenses and filters? Not to worry, you can still access them by changing the internal date in your phone settings.
If you're using an Android phone, go to Settings >> Date & Time and uncheck "automatic date and time."
If you're on an iPhone, go to Settings >> General >> Date & Time and turn off "set automatically."
Then manually change the date and time to Snapchat version release whose lenses and filters you want to use. Just be sure to change your date and time back to the current settings or else other apps on your phone will act funky.
3. Create Color Grades using Emojis
If you want some more color options besides the three basic color filters offered, you can easily use an emoji to add a color overlay.
Simply select an emoji with a color you like, the heart emoji for example. Then use two fingers to zoom in on the emoji until it is big enough to cover the entire screen.
4. Change the Color of Individual Letters in Word
- Write out a caption
- Select the large "T" icon to make the text bigger
- Use the color picker to select which color you want for the first letter
- Tap on the caption and then select a letter, change the color and repeat
5. Cutout Objects and Paste them as Stickers
Users can now make cutout stickers and apply them over snaps. Take a picture and select the "scissor" icon on the top right of the screen. Use your finger to trace the outline of the object and make it a sticker.
You can then use this sticker on any future snapchats, just click on the emoji sticker button and swipe to the "cutouts" section.
Have a question about a custom Snapchat filter? Email us